Thursday, September 7, 2017

essential oils & other healthiness

My allergies are terrible! They have been getting worse year after year and this year I have Fall allergies! That would have to be the work of ragweed, which has never bothered me at the end of summer/fall season, I usually just have a miserable Spring. In order to open the window for the crisp Fall breeze after a long season of a/c constantly running, I turn to my essential oils for relief!

I know there is a lot of skepticism out there about homeopathic treatments and at the doctors office they ask if you take any "folk remedies" ... like I bring in an elderly woman that chants and waves her hands about over a cauldron of bubbling purple liquid every time I have the sniffles!


I believe that both medicine and homeopathic combined are the best solution to be healthy! For example, going to the chiropractor to maintain and prevent as well as taking some cough syrup in the middle of cold & flu season. The best of both worlds is the way to go. I have found that oils help with maintaining and relieves the onset of many things. As for my allergies, I have a roll-on mixture of oils for 4 times a day as well as diffusing oils which keeps everything at bay, but for horrible high pollen count days that I know we will be out and about I take my over the counter at night and use my roll-on oils a couple times during the day.

From bug spray to healing scrapes, relieving poison ivy to immune boosting, there is an oil for all! Here are a few combos that are always at the ready in my house,

Tantrum Tamer - 2 drops Orange, 10 drops Valor, 8 drops Lavender mixed with a carrier oil

Allergy Relief - 6 drops Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint mixed with a carrier oil

Household Air Freshener -  2 drops Purification and Lavender diffused

Immune Booster - 2 drops Lemon, Oregano, Thieves, Peppermint, Tea Tree diffused

Sleepy Time Cream - 4 drops Lavender, 2 drops Peace & Calm and Valor mixed with a carrier oil

And that's not all, I clean with essential oils and they do the job without the disgusting, eye watering, nose hair singing smell! Check out my Pinterest page for more oils blends and other healthiness.

The carrier oils I used are Sunflower Oil (look next to olive oils in the grocery store), Witch Hazel (in the aisle with band-aids and rubbing alcohol), Vitamin E oil (in the aisles with multi vitamins), and last but not least Coconut Oil (again with the olive oils at the grocery store). These carriers are used when applying the oils that might be too intense and they need to be "cut" with something. Witch Hazel works best for sprays and Coconut Oil works best as salves or creams, it can be whipped too which is awesome for Sleepy Time Cream, but melts when its warmed. Sunflower or Vitamin E oil is best for skin because it does not clog pores and it stays in liquid form, perfect for roller ball application.
Along with oils, I like Arnica for healing bruises, you can find it in an ointment or spray, and Calendula for cuts and scrapes as well as chapped lips and other dry skin. A great mosquito repellent I found is Johnson's Creamy Baby Oil, it keeps mosquito away and smells amazing! For sore muscles there are some great oils as well as a gel called BioFreeze The best brand that I have come across is Hyland's, Zarbee's, and for oils, I'm a Young Living girl! There essential oils and other products will be the best addition to you home and health!


OILS ARE MY LOVE LANGUAGE
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment