Monday, September 25, 2017

30-something and fabulous! part one

I finally have a routine for skin care! Yeah after all these years, I finally have gotten into the swing of things and become a grown up when it comes to taking care of myself. I feel that no matter what product you choose, price range, or area of concentration, a routine in maintaining skin is the key!

I do my research and check out all the claims different products have, I ask around for advice or what works best for others, and try to make all sorts of sense out of it and I'm lucky to say I have seen results with a few good products. I'm starting off in this post with skin care routine, and will finish up with my favorite makeup and hair products next time!

I'm a big fan of Dove body wash and most of their products! Everything is just right for moisturizing and soothing skin, so I start off with some fresh cucumber, citrus, shea butter, nothing too perfume like. I'm also a fan of some of the Bath & Body shower gels and sugar scrubs. Sugar scrubs are great for any rough skin or the little bumps you get on the back of your arms, you can even make your own with sugar and olive oil, coconut oil and sunflower oil are good options as well.


I'll tell you a secret that I have had for a long time ... hair conditioner, even just a cheap one, works amazing for shaving! Why pay so much for shaving cream when you can use the last bit of conditioner to shave? But before that, I had good luck with the shave gel options out there. A simple razor that has worked for years is the Original Venus from Gillette. Although my husband signed up for Dollar Shave Club and I've been liking what I'm seeing! If you don't know much about them, check it out here. I don't look much at labels for shaving cream because I like to lotion up after a shower anyways, so whether it's moisturizing or not (which I hope they are) anything extra to quench my thirsty skin is good. There are a lot of body lotions to choose from on the shelves and too little time to try them all. I think every company should have travel size bottles next to the full size, so you can test for yourself!  My favorites that I rotate out (just do, no specific reason why!) have been Dove, Jergens, and Curel. All these brands have products for different concerns, and over the years I have tried different ones from each brand with all having a nice, lightweight, non-greasy feel! I'm trying Aveeno now, and it is fantastic too! I don't have any skin issues, I just feel itchy and tight when I've been in the sun too long or haven't drunk enough water, and know I need to smooth on a coat!


My smile is one of my best features and I was fortunate enough to have braces as a teenager, otherwise who knows how my teeth would have turned out. And I have benefited from good genes in regards to gum condition, enamel strength and overall healthiness! Sexy right? I know, but these are important issues that most of us overlook when it comes to health and wellness! I've always just bought what ever sample product my dentist handed to me at the end of a check up and stayed with a soft bristle brush because I really wasn't sure about any other products. Well, I do not like battery operated toothbrushes, but my husband swears by them, and I don't floss much but the idea of a flavored floss just doesn't make any sense! In our house, we have stared using Young Living Thieves toothpaste and for the kids I get Nature's Gate, because studies show that the "foaming action" does not equal quality clean for your teeth! So after some research and other opinions, I came across this article along with a few others that made up my mind to switch toothpaste! 

Hair can be a defining feature for some, but for me, it's just not and most days I don't know what to do with my hair! My awesome stylist has always told me that shampoo with styling features like volume or smoothing, are not worth you time, it's actual styling product that gives you the look you want! Who knew! I had colored hair and bought her salon products to keep color longer, and I bought my products for thin hair, and I've tried a lot, but what it comes down to for me, is price! Pantene, Garnier, Aussie  and Tresemme have been my selections, and my awesome stylist would always say to switch products so there is no build up, which for my hair texture would be no good. Even tough it is thin, it is frizzy, and I combat that issue with Tresemme Keratin Smooth leave-in serum! Garnier and John Frida have worked out alright in the past, but I love this keratin smooth serum, not greasy, lightweight, one pump and I'm done, fabulous!


Last but not least, my current obsession for the taking care of me, is Olay Regenerist! I have my regiment with eyecream/bb cream and I love it! The pore scrub cleanser is refreshing and with the cleansing brush, you really feel like the whole day of impurities is blasted from you face without over drying. I've never been a fan of cream cleansers, so this is just perfect! Night creams are available with different concern solutions, along with micellar waters and toners, of which I have not tried yet. Another product I typically buy specific creams from is Roc Skincare. Fight those signs of aging now before they sneak up on you!

And like mom always used to say ... take your vitamins! Of course along with diet and water intake, skin, teeth, and hair always look it's best!

GLOWING SKIN IS ALWAYS IN
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment