Wednesday, April 19, 2017

put on some pants!? my love letter to leggings

I am still hearing so many people say leggings are not pants, or that they are in their "mom outfit" and I really think that they sound silly for thinking, or saying, that it's lazy!
Let me tell you a little something ... whenever I have 5 minutes to myself, I'm squatting, stretching, or lifting something to get in a workout for the day!

 I wear yoga pants or leggings, t-shirt, sports bra, and sneakers just about everyday. And not because it's the only thing that fits me right now, or it's just so comfortable, or that I'm lazy, it's due to the simple fact that if we are not headed to the gym first thing in the morning, I will have to find some time in my day to get in a workout in small portions between playing with the kiddos, grocery shopping, household chores, and working! It really is that simple. I'm not one of those moms who gets up at 5AM to go to the gym before her day starts ... are you kidding me, I barely make it out of bed by 7AM to get breakfast ready for everyone!

What I can relate to in the leggings loathing conversation, is the wearing of a regular t-shirt with leggings as oppose to a tunic with leggings. I personally don't like a shirt that sits at my waist, I end up pulling it down all day long, so a tunic is a much better pairing for me. Also, the thin material of some leggings just doesn't do anybody any good! I have found much success with with a certain lovely little leggings company that has great patterns and material, as well as an awesome tunic length top. I have many pairs and I'm not ashamed of it! I feel like I finally found the perfect tunic and all my other tops were just 'ok for now' as I purchased them.

Yeah maybe the price is a bit steep, but for something I wear every day, it's worth it! The best part about all this leggings love going on right now, is that there are many other companies with similar styles, but take caution since some of those brands might not be the same quality material that you think it is.

Comfortable clothes with a stylish whim, 
that I can wear at the playground or to the gym, 
I will love you for now and forever it seems, 
even when it's considered "out" by fashion magazines

ONE PAIR IS NEVER ENOUGH
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment