Tuesday, April 25, 2017

fit-ish ~ part one

Who decided to join the gym this year? 
Yep, that would be me along with countless others, and a sigh from a relative about the gym being so crowded in January, that he might just stay home for two weeks while it dies down! PSST ... this girl isn't going to sputter out like the rest of the population, hoping to make good on their resolution in short time! I don't have that kind of money to waste!!

Well, gadgets, accessories, and schedules were put into play so both my husband and I can take full advantage of what the gym has to offer, and so far so good. The plan is to get to the gym at least twice a week, and meet with the trainer for measurements each month, and do date nights at the gym but the kids club closes at noon on Fridays, so that's a bummer! BUT we both have been doing pretty good other wise!

We both have step counters on our phones, mine is Google Fit which works nice, and neither of us were going to go full out and get a smart watch/fit device (whoa what a price tag!) but I did find a resale Jawbone that I liked, and then it stopped working.{UPDATE 9/2017: I now have a Misfit and it is awesome! Great price, great connected app, and simple device that takes a cell battery instead of charging} As you can tell, doing this gym thing on a budget is where we are in the world right now! No fancy running shoe or workout towel or duffle bag or headphones, just a couple on a journey to get fit!


I will tell you, having the trainer meet up every month has been awesome, otherwise I would just be walking on the treadmill not knowing how machines work or what kind of routine to pursue. We got in on a great promotion that included a trainer, but if you can afford a few sessions, I would really recommend it! 
The other helpful thing that I have done is, figuring out a few variations from looking up stuff on Pinterest. Yes, yes, Pinterest, everybody finds something on Pinterest, pin, pin, pin, pin ... but hey, if it's free, why not! And there is no "Pinterest Fail" when it comes to finding a workout!

Again, I have no idea what I'm doing, I just found these routines that I like!
Another app that I found and I use everyday is Sworkit! You can choose an area you want to work, pick and choose or do their routine, it demonstrates the exercise and set up the count down clock for the reps you need, set up a few minutes or an hour routine, and it syncs with my Fit so it keeps track of my steps and calories! They have a yoga & stretching app too! I have done the calorie counters before, and I just don't have the time to sit (no really, my two kids are running around, I don't have time!) and type in and how much of what I ate even after I get my 'menu' or 'favorites' set up.

Days marked for the gym have been missed, pounds are still yo-yoing, but we are a work in progress and it's going to take some time to get to where we want to be!

I'M UNDER CONSTRUCTION
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment