Tuesday, March 21, 2017

let's play!

We just had a 2 year old birthday at the beginning of the month and we are still playing with wonderful gifts from Christmas, so this post a toy review!
I make a wishlist on Amazon (a fantastic idea from a dear friend!) and email family this list when asked for gift ides, I have a list for each kid and a hidden list that I have reminders on, so I can switch, delete, and keep so I don't have to rack my brain when it comes time for birthdays. It works great because I can always note where to buy and they don't need to go through the website!



Little People Zoo
I think this has changed over the years, but if you are lucky to find this one, it's great! Our oldest received this as a 1st birthday gift and would have never thought to get it, but it turns out the zoo and all the animals have kept both of them entertained throughout the years!

Alfie
I mentioned this in an earlier post and I think it is such a great toy for the older ages. It's a little robot computer and has a little cartridge and cards that help kids learn many a thing. Alfie interacts and makes jokes while playing different games and informing kids about the subject on the card. My husband remembers having one of these in the 80's sharing and playing with his siblings!

Kitchen
Both kids love playing restaurant and "making" lots of fun things! I have added many containers, bowls, spoons, cups, etc to the collection, and have been gifted (velcro)cutting foods, and I found a little grocery cart at a resale shop! This one is keeps their little imaginations going!

Cars and Ramps
There are so many cars in the playroom and we have created so many ramps out of gift wrap tubes, paper towel tubes, we add stacked books for hills, we add our Magic Tracks for a raceway, and the list goes on! Anything that we can build with, has been used! And I've found tall, swirly and loop-de-loop ramps at resale shops. I don't think racing cars will ever get old!



Magnets
It started out with the typical letters and numbers magnets on the fridge, then we nailed some sheet metal to the wall in the playroom, and now we have great shape pieces to make all sorts of fun designs with! Another great magnet toy is Magnaformers, they are free-standing, mostly squares and triangles you can build with!




Dot Paint
This is a fun, minimal mess paint or for small hands not skilled for a palette and brush! I've seen another brand that is refillable, so if you have a little artist constinaly painting and want to reuse bottles, look up http://www.discountschoolsupply.com






Trampoline
Enough said! It's a little big, but worth it! We have dance parties, fancy feet jump contest, fastest jumper races, and much more on cold days when they are full of energy!

Legos
Last but not least, we like our Duplo Legos and the little people in the sets! But I came across a fantastic add on from another brand, Hubelino, that fits perfect on Duplos! It's a ramp system or a marble run, we use the large shooter marbles, along with the balls that it came with and it all works together! Even the teenage nephews liked playing with it! Although, to build bigger towers with more turn going in and out of multiple levels, a grown ups help is needed.

If you are into making some cool toys for your kids, check out my Pinterest page 'Being Mom', I have pinned some awesome little things that you can create that will keeps kids entertained and learning. Some turn out great and we still have, others have been well played with and that was that!

TOYS DON'T HAVE GENDERS
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment