Wednesday, May 24, 2017

fit-ish ~ part 2

The gym has been good to me so far! The kids like the kids club, the times that I go are not too crowded, I need to go to a class regularly, but this is a slow moving process for me. In order to keep me going and motivated, I've come up with some fun things to add to the whole gym experience! And yes clothes are part of it. Let's face it, you don't feel so great strolling in while wearing a paint stained, collar cut up t-shirt from college. You're going there to make yourself better, not fixing the plumbing in order for the house to work right so sewage doesn't leak everywhere!

I have put together some great playlist on I Heart Radio that mix it up to keep me going! Music is a huge part of getting motivated for me, it sets the mood, and when I have time along to listen to what I want to rock out to (sorry Raffi, I can only take so much of Baby Beluga) I need my favorites from all genres! And I bought some colorful earbuds and armband to match {i love colorful things}!

I find myself more interested in podcasts now then I ever have before. I never put on radio talk shows so it's really funny that a podcast while on the treadmill is my new favorite thing! There are some really great episodes from interesting and informative people that I now follow on Instagram and their blogs. A few of my favorites are The Mom Hour, Rock Paper Podcast, The Lively Show, CBS This Morning, Spawned, Creative Lounge, Ted Talks, Pop Culture Happy Hour, all on this handy little app called Player FM. If there is a better way to listen to all these podcast, someone let me know, so far no difference in phone battery life or anything like that.


My work out gear is nothing fancy, I have a couple good shoes but I have no idea if they are the "correct" shoes for working out or for on the treadmill! I like them, they fit, I found a good deal, that is basically my criteria. Under Armour is great and I like their Tech tee (at eh Outlet mall), but I have found similar tees at JC Penney and Target. Same with capris, lucy Active wear is comfortable and I found a great deal, plus I like their colorful patterns, but Target and Old Navy have some great active wear too. My closet is just a mix! As far as sports bras go, Academy Sports has a brand that fits perfect and at a great price! I've tried Old Navy, Target, Walmart, JC Penney, a few name brand styles, and nothing has been fabulously comfortable. There is a new Academy Sports near by and I though I would give it a try before I gave up on my search for the perfect sports bra. Thank goodness I did, I hit the jackpot!

Lastly, and most importantly I found this awesome site, a community of gym goers that challenge each other and pay you for your hard work! Talk about great motivation! DietBet is a site where people who want to loose weight, keep motivated, and win money (cash money honey!) sign up and choose the game they want to be part of! Regular people to fitness pros are all part of this and create games, some with prizes and giveaways, for people to be part of and reach their goal, bets vary by game $20-$35 and all you do is take a picture of your starting weight self, loose 4% of that, and win money {i could use some extra cash!}. The game board is a place to post your victories and downfalls, ask for tips and share, and the game host usually posts inspiring things or their giveaways. I love this and I just won my first challenge a few days ago, so the motivation is awesome!

I think a key part to working out is motivation, and whatever motivates you to get up and get moving and thinking about what you eat each day, then keep do it!
GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO SWEAT
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment