Tuesday, January 22, 2019

oily lady

I love essential oils! Have I mentioned that before ?! {lol

This year I have really tried to switch over so much of our household to essential oils instead of buying things like a veggie wash, hand soap, and dryer sheets, and I think I've kept up pretty well too!

My new favorite that I really like, is making hand soap. You don't need anything special, the pump from the old bottle or snagging a glass bottle with pump top from Amazon, castile soap from Target and boiled water from the kettle. Why do I have a kettle if I'm not a tea drinker you ask ... french press, of course! Fill up the dispenser 3/4 with castile soap the rest with water, add Lavender, or Thieves, or Tea Tree EO along with vitamin E oil and there you have it! Super simple and my hands are clean and moisturized!


So my veggie cleaner is another super simple recipe and I feel much better about slicing up some peppers and broccoli to feed the kids then I ever have before! All I do is fill a bowl or sink basin with cool water, add 2 drops of Thieves EO along with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, add the fruit and veggies and swirl around before letting them sit for about 5 minutes. Then I take each one out to pat dry and let sit on a towel on the counter if it needs extra drying time. I usually do this right when I get home from grocery shopping, I make a pile of produce as I go through the bags putting everything else away and then they are all right there to clean!

Then I have my counter cleaner that is really great for any surface ... fridge shelves, fridge door, stove top, dining table. Again a glass bottle, this time with a spray top, from Amazon along with Young Living Thieves Cleaner and I follow the directions on the back of that for potency, which is usually half cleaner and half water. There is no grimy residue and the kitchen smells so fresh with out a gross chemical smell that I'm afraid to put said produce in a pile on!

Two of my most favorite ways to use essential oils for cleaning is in the laundry and for the carpet!
Get a pack of wool dryer balls and ditch the dryer sheets because there are so many great combos of scent you can add to those dryer balls any day of the week!

~Purification
~Orange & Joy
~Stress Away & Lime
~Lavender & Citrus Fresh
~Rosemary & Lavender
~Lemon & Basil

The list goes on! And these EO scents can be used in a carpet cleaner of borax and baking soda mixed together. Shake on the carpet (I save parmesan cheese shaker containers for this) and let sit for 30 minutes then vacuum up! 

Check out my Pinterest page for lots more ideas on using essential oils for your home and if you are interested in ordering, click here!

But if you are still skeptical about all the essential oils hype and why so many people are using them, I have a couple of great reads, a guide about how they work that I think you should check out.



THERE'S AN OIL FOR THAT!
xo









No comments:

Post a Comment