Tuesday, March 12, 2019

my favorite apps

I have a lot of apps on my phone. Most I use, some are useless but were recommended, and others I'm hoping to get to someday soon! I have them organized by how often I use them and in each category they fall into like for the kiddos school, the teacher is on Remind which is great for last minute notices, and I also have the school district app which has proven to be useless for anything I need to know, not even the event calendar is correct or has proper description of what a event is! I have a new one for my son's baseball team Team Snap, which is working out great, and of course, I have my local weather and Pollen allergy alert nicely organized as well as my reporting app and Maps for my job as a merchandiser, it all works well and I have what I need at my fingertips.

But some favorites are the most time sucking ... Pinterest, Mercari, Poshmark, Instagram, Facebook, Play Music! Guilty! But I make money with the two selling apps, and I use Play music instead of the car radio most the time, so they redeem themselves in that aspect, right?!

We don't have such a busy schedule that I need multiple calendars for, but I'm making life easy with Your Closet and Task. Both are lists and calendars that I use for daily reminders to keep me on track! One is a photo closet that you catalog all your clothes into {which only took me an afternoon to do} and then you create outfits and place them on the calendar. I found this one last year and have been using it ever since! I wanted to see what I was using in my closet so I could sell off some things (thank you Mercari and Poshmark for some bonus cash every month!) and in doing that I was able to get it together every morning and not waste time figuring out what to wear. I'm not lookin' to be the best dressed at school drop off, but I would like to utilize my closet and look decent in the morning! The other is a checklist that I have for everyday to remind myself what projects need to be looked at, for example, writing this blog once a week, or posting new items for my Etsy Shop every week, It's also great to stop and remember did I take medication, workout my neck traction, take time to read instead of getting sucked into Facebook {don't judge, we've all been there!}, and doesn't clog up our regular calendar that has the important communal stuff on it.































Essential Oils and More, is where I get my quick info for essential oils both at home use and to post diffuser combos and product information to my essential oils site. Sometimes when my days are tough due to a kiddo being sick or just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, we take time to Stop Breathe Think, a meditation app that has instructed meditation for whatever you are feeling! You add how physically and mentally you are doing that day by adding emotions and the app comes up with a handful  of recommended exercises or you can opt for a specif timed exercise. It's great and helps out a lot!  Another essential is our banking app, its so easy! Capital One is great and we really like the set up and how it works for us, I would recommend it as a banking institution for anyone!  

I've touched on all my fitness apps in a post awhile back but I've found a few new ones that are great at keeping track and getting in a really great workout! No workout is complete with out a podcast and music list, but I'll save those for another post, right now I want to talk about BodBot which gives me my personalized workout for the day with consideration to how I feel that day and my stats I put in when setting up the app. I can also update weight and activity level which then updates the exercises that it generates for me! Pilates is another step by step routine that I like, I can do some or all of the exercises as a beginner, best, and max level. This app coupled with Swrokit Stretching I really get a great Pilates workout or a really nice stretch session! I recently found a Tabata and Full Body Barre app that I've been meaning to toss into the routine, I can't wait to start those two different workouts, I hear great things about each! 
A friend of mine was nice enough to give me her FitBit One and I really love it! I'm not into the latest gadget and I'm not a big fan of the watches so this little divide is perfect and has just what I need ... step counter, activity reminder, water intake counter, and weight graph. I love seeing my progress over the last couple months and the app is so straight forward! Along with Charity Miles, I can see what I've done and how I can do more over the week to increase give back to the organization of my choosing! Last but not least, I've said it once and I'll say it again, Diet Bet is an app everyone should have! Get paid to loose weight, yes please! The app keeps you on track when you are part of a challenge and the community with each challenge you sign up for is pretty great!I've been able to win each one I enter, not mass amounts of money, but enough for a nice date night with Joe, and that is good enough for me!

Now, let's talk about shopping! These apps will help you save money and earn real savings for your next shopping trip! Ibotta lets you shop all kinds of stores and send off your receipt for certain brands or items they have up for cash back, once you hit $20 you get actual cash deposited to your bank account! It's awesome and if you shop at any store or online, you should have this app! I have the Joann Fabric app because when I do have time to be crafty, I'm going to use a coupon, for sure! Target Cartwheel because, let's be honest, you are a fool if you don't have it! We have T-Mobile for our phones and they have a few deals every Tuesday, like free Redbox rentals, I said FREE people, get yourself the app if you phones are through T-Mobile! Not only that, Redbox app has been hitting me up with rent one get one coupons, now we can get ourselves a movie whenever we rent one for the kids! If you are in the St. Louis area a must is the Quik Trip and Schnucks app, both have specials, points to rack up and redeem, and daily deals! I also use Think Dirty when shopping, in an effort to be more green and natural, I want to see what products follow guideline when it comes to parapheen free or animal cruelty practices, and Think Dirty helps with their ratings system. One last one that I have been meaning to use and really hope its as great as they say, is Instacart. You pick your store, add to your cart and send off your order to someone who is in the area to shop for you! This would help if I'm in a pinch and can't be in two places at once! They even have Costco on the list of stores! I'd like to do price checking to see what the up charge is, if any, but the convenience of having someone run a quick errand to the grocery store is probably worth it!

LIFE HACKS FOR EVERYONE!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment