Thursday, September 20, 2018

must have coffee

I can not start the day without a cup of coffee.

How can you?! I mean really, how can you roll out of bed, put on your cozy socks, come down stairs to the kitchen and what, drink water, juice, a soda {blahk}! My husband can, and it's just crazy to me.

I love a cup of coffee each morning and I like it different ways and surprisingly I'm not picky about what brand of coffee. I have tried many kinds and have never found an absolute favorite, but one thing that I do take note on is how well it reheats. In that category, I have found a good one, Mama Java Coffee! They have a nice variety and I can't wait to try their Hazelnut {that's right Pumpkin Spice, theirs a new player in town} Check them out and use my code musthavecoffee for a discount!

I've tried it black with different roasts but I always want it sweetened. You can put any amount of dairy in it and I will be a happy camper. And recently I've become a big fan of bullet proof coffee! SO GOOD! I blend a tablespoon of grass fed butter, a teaspoon of honey and a dash of vanilla extract, yum!
I have had my share of Folders and Market Fresh Target brand Columbian blends as well as breakfast blends from Hills Brothers and Maxwell House. The breakfast blends are a bit weak and the french roast can be bitter for my taste, but Kona coffee is the best for a good strong cup that is still mild and sweet! For more on beans, you have to read this piece, this lays it out really well!
I love getting my french press all set up in the mornings and it is enough time to make the kids breakfast while getting the kettle hat and waiting for the coffee to steep. But if we are in a mad rush you know I go straight to the k-cups, reusable of course, and it is just as tasty as my weekend luxury french press!

And now with the weather turning cooler, I can't help but make my own creamer with some delicious variations for the holidays that are so simple. They really are simple ...
Basic Coffee Creamer
In a small pot over low heat, stir in milk, heavy cream or sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Stir continually until mixture starts to steam them turn off heat, stir a bit more and let cool.


For amazing flavors I add in:
Cinnamon
Cocoa Powder
Peppermint Extract & Cocoa Powder
Honey
Maple Syrup
Cloves & Cinnamon & Nutmeg
Almond Extract
Coconut Milk

or any combination of those really! Play around and find out for yourself what is the best tasting morning cup of joe!

I rarely make a stop to the coffee shop in the morning on my way to work, it just doesn't work out for me and half the time I really don't know what they have and I'm holding up the line and that's not how I want to start my morning. So I found this great article on different types of coffee drinks that I might have to save on my phone a s quick guide {ya know what, I bet you there is an app for that, ha!} Check it out because it will save you tiime and hassel when in line.

COFFEE: WHEN YOUR BRAIN NEEDS A HUG
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment